Welcome to DPFNEWSLETTER.ORGThis is the official newsletter site for the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society.
All posts (in Reverse Chronological Order)
- Request for Community Input to the Coordinating Panel for Advanced Detectors
- September 2014 News
- The Community Letter in Support of the P5 Report
- Community Presentation of the P5 Report by Steve Ritz on June 2, 2014, at 12:30 PM EDT
- April 2014 News
- DPF Logo Competition: your design is needed!
- Announcement of TASI-2014
- Results of the 2013 DPF elections
- 2013 APS Fellows
- Big Questions
- DPF-2013 to be held at UC Santa Cruz
- Your Participation Matters!
- Report of the DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- Results of 2012 DPF Elections
- DPF Brochure Available
- DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- LBNE Reconfiguartion Report Community Feedback
- New ICFA Organization For Linear Colliders
- European Strategy Preparatory Group Call For Submissions
- Register now for the APS 2012 April meeting!
- Fermilab’s “A Plan for Discovery”
- Travel Awards for Students to Attend April APS Meeting
- 2011 APS Fellows
- NSBP/NSHP prize
- Results of 2011 DPF Elections
- Feedback requested on DPF Instrumentation Task Force Report
- DPF Prizes and Awards for 2012
- Status of the DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- DPF and DNP announcement of Intensity Frontier Workshop
- Registration Now Open for E.D.I.T. 2012 Detector School
- Plans for a Research and Study Abroad Program for U.S. Physics Students in Geneva
- DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- Office of Science rejects Tevatron Run-III
- Results of 2010 DPF elections
- Meetings: Past and Future
- DPF-2011 to be held at Brown University
- HEPAP and the Tevatron Extension
- A Program of Detector Evaluation and R&D for Future Lepton Colliders
- Detector R&D Workshop
- Results of 2009 DPF Elections
- DPF Meetings
- News from Fermilab
- News from the Large Hadron Collider
- News from the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel
- Issues and Activities
annual report Archive
Posted on October 23, 2011 | No CommentsBy Patricia McBride. The American Physical Society Division of Particles and Fields is pleased to announce the 2012 recipients of the DPF Prizes and Awards. The DPF 2012 Dissertation Award recipients will be announced at a later date. All 2012 Prize and Award recipients will...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsBy Jeffrey Appel, Fermilab Directorate (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) Fermilab is moving aggressively on fulfilling the promise of its current program, beginning funded efforts on the next generation of experiments, and doing R&D for the future beyond that. The breadth of the...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No Commentsby Katie Yurkewicz, Fermilab, US LHC Communications and Harvey Newman, Caltech, US LUO Executive Committee Chair (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) The Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland is now the world’s highest-energy particle accelerator, and is on its way to...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsBy Mel Shochet, University of Chicago, HEPAP Chair (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) The High Energy Physics Advisory Panel (HEPAP) advises both the Department of Energy and the National Science Foundation on the current and future program in elementary particle physics. Meetings are...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsBy Boris Kayser, Fermilab, 2009 DPF Chair (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) This DPF Newsletter conveys the results of the most recent DPF Executive Committee (EC) election, sends you news from the LHC and Fermilab, describes the activities of HEPAP, and tells you...