Welcome to DPFNEWSLETTER.ORGThis is the official newsletter site for the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society.
All posts (in Reverse Chronological Order)
- Announcement of TASI-2014
- Results of the 2013 DPF elections
- 2013 APS Fellows
- Big Questions
- DPF-2013 to be held at UC Santa Cruz
- Your Participation Matters!
- Report of the DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- Results of 2012 DPF Elections
- DPF Brochure Available
- DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- LBNE Reconfiguartion Report Community Feedback
- New ICFA Organization For Linear Colliders
- European Strategy Preparatory Group Call For Submissions
- Register now for the APS 2012 April meeting!
- Fermilab’s “A Plan for Discovery”
- Travel Awards for Students to Attend April APS Meeting
- 2011 APS Fellows
- NSBP/NSHP prize
- Results of 2011 DPF Elections
- Feedback requested on DPF Instrumentation Task Force Report
- DPF Prizes and Awards for 2012
- Status of the DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- DPF and DNP announcement of Intensity Frontier Workshop
- Registration Now Open for E.D.I.T. 2012 Detector School
- Plans for a Research and Study Abroad Program for U.S. Physics Students in Geneva
- DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- Office of Science rejects Tevatron Run-III
- Results of 2010 DPF elections
- Meetings: Past and Future
- DPF-2011 to be held at Brown University
- HEPAP and the Tevatron Extension
- A Program of Detector Evaluation and R&D for Future Lepton Colliders
- Detector R&D Workshop
- Results of 2009 DPF Elections
- DPF Meetings
- News from Fermilab
- News from the Large Hadron Collider
- News from the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel
- Issues and Activities
Posted on September 24, 2011 | No CommentsBy Ian Shipsey and Marcel Demarteau The DPF Taskforce on Instrumentation has spent the last few months evaluating the current status of instrumentation in particle physics. The fifteen member Taskforce and its advisors have formulated five position papers available at http://www.physics.purdue.edu/dpf_instrumentation_taskforce/. The community is encouraged...
Posted on September 11, 2011 | No CommentsThe 2012 Excellence in Detectors and Instrumentation Technologies school (EDIT 2012) will be hosted by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, IL, USA, from February 13 through 24, 2012. This is the second in a new series of international schools on particle physics detectors and instrumentation. The...
Posted on July 27, 2011 | No CommentsA proposal from a group of educators and USLHC collaboration leaders calls for the creation of a Research and Study Abroad Program in Geneva, Switzerland for U.S. undergraduate physics students. The proposal outlines the requirements for a semester long program to facilitate the participation of...