Welcome to DPFNEWSLETTER.ORGThis is the official newsletter site for the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society.
All posts (in Reverse Chronological Order)
- December 2014 News
- 2014 APS Fellows
- Request for Community Input to the Coordinating Panel for Advanced Detectors
- September 2014 News
- The Community Letter in Support of the P5 Report
- Community Presentation of the P5 Report by Steve Ritz on June 2, 2014, at 12:30 PM EDT
- April 2014 News
- DPF Logo Competition: your design is needed!
- Announcement of TASI-2014
- Results of the 2013 DPF elections
- 2013 APS Fellows
- Big Questions
- DPF-2013 to be held at UC Santa Cruz
- Your Participation Matters!
- Report of the DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- Results of 2012 DPF Elections
- DPF Brochure Available
- DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- LBNE Reconfiguartion Report Community Feedback
- New ICFA Organization For Linear Colliders
- European Strategy Preparatory Group Call For Submissions
- Register now for the APS 2012 April meeting!
- Fermilab’s “A Plan for Discovery”
- Travel Awards for Students to Attend April APS Meeting
- 2011 APS Fellows
- NSBP/NSHP prize
- Results of 2011 DPF Elections
- Feedback requested on DPF Instrumentation Task Force Report
- DPF Prizes and Awards for 2012
- Status of the DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- DPF and DNP announcement of Intensity Frontier Workshop
- Registration Now Open for E.D.I.T. 2012 Detector School
- Plans for a Research and Study Abroad Program for U.S. Physics Students in Geneva
- DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- Office of Science rejects Tevatron Run-III
- Results of 2010 DPF elections
- Meetings: Past and Future
- DPF-2011 to be held at Brown University
- HEPAP and the Tevatron Extension
- A Program of Detector Evaluation and R&D for Future Lepton Colliders
- Detector R&D Workshop
- Results of 2009 DPF Elections
- DPF Meetings
- News from Fermilab
- News from the Large Hadron Collider
- News from the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel
- Issues and Activities
Posted on September 11, 2011 | No CommentsThe 2012 Excellence in Detectors and Instrumentation Technologies school (EDIT 2012) will be hosted by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, IL, USA, from February 13 through 24, 2012. This is the second in a new series of international schools on particle physics detectors and instrumentation. The...
Posted on January 13, 2011 | No CommentsIn the communication below, William Brinkman (Director of DOE Office of Science) informed HEPAP of the decision not to fund Run-III Tevatron-Brinkman-to-Shochet
Posted on November 16, 2010 | No Commentsby Pier Oddone Fermilab, Director (The following essay appeared in “The Director’s Corner” on November 2, 2010. At the request of Director Oddone to make the DPF aware of the issues connected to the proposed Tevatron extension, we repeat it here. We invite your comments...
Posted on August 24, 2010 | 1 CommentBy David MacFarlane, Associate Laboratory Director for PPA, SLAC In preparation for a recent review of the electron-based research program at the HEP laboratories, representatives from the five labs (Argonne, Berkeley, Brookhaven, Fermilab, and SLAC) developed a short position paper outlining a possible evolution of...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsBy Jeffrey Appel, Fermilab Directorate (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) Fermilab is moving aggressively on fulfilling the promise of its current program, beginning funded efforts on the next generation of experiments, and doing R&D for the future beyond that. The breadth of the...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsYaşam boyunca zorluklar karşımıza çıkar. Onları bazen içimize atarak bazen de anlatacak bir dert ortağı ararız. Karşımıza çıkan ilk engel ile mücadele etmek yerine onu sıkıntı ederiz kimseye derdimizi anlatamayız. İçimize atmış oluruz. İşte bu bunaltıcı hayattan bir an olsun çıkıp, yaşamın bize sunduğu bu...