Welcome to DPFNEWSLETTER.ORGThis is the official newsletter site for the Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society.
All posts (in Reverse Chronological Order)
- Announcement of TASI-2014
- Results of the 2013 DPF elections
- 2013 APS Fellows
- Big Questions
- DPF-2013 to be held at UC Santa Cruz
- Your Participation Matters!
- Report of the DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- Results of 2012 DPF Elections
- DPF Brochure Available
- DPF Committee on DOE Comparative Reviews
- LBNE Reconfiguartion Report Community Feedback
- New ICFA Organization For Linear Colliders
- European Strategy Preparatory Group Call For Submissions
- Register now for the APS 2012 April meeting!
- Fermilab’s “A Plan for Discovery”
- Travel Awards for Students to Attend April APS Meeting
- 2011 APS Fellows
- NSBP/NSHP prize
- Results of 2011 DPF Elections
- Feedback requested on DPF Instrumentation Task Force Report
- DPF Prizes and Awards for 2012
- Status of the DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- DPF and DNP announcement of Intensity Frontier Workshop
- Registration Now Open for E.D.I.T. 2012 Detector School
- Plans for a Research and Study Abroad Program for U.S. Physics Students in Geneva
- DPF Task Force on Instrumentation in High Energy Physics
- Office of Science rejects Tevatron Run-III
- Results of 2010 DPF elections
- Meetings: Past and Future
- DPF-2011 to be held at Brown University
- HEPAP and the Tevatron Extension
- A Program of Detector Evaluation and R&D for Future Lepton Colliders
- Detector R&D Workshop
- Results of 2009 DPF Elections
- DPF Meetings
- News from Fermilab
- News from the Large Hadron Collider
- News from the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel
- Issues and Activities
Posted on January 26, 2011 | 3 CommentsLast October , a workshop on Detector R&D was held at Fermilab sponsored by the five DOE Laboratories and the DPF. As the slides show, there is fascinating instrumentation research in our community at both the labs and the universities, but there is also reason...
Posted on November 16, 2010 | No Commentsby Patricia McBride Fermilab, DPF chair-elect The Division of Particles and Fields (DPF) sponsored a Detector R&D Workshop from October 7-9, 2010 at Fermilab. The goals of the workshop were to survey the detector research and development at national laboratories and universities, identify the areas...
Posted on November 16, 2010 | No CommentsThe DPF 2011 meeting will be hosted by the Physics Department of Brown University and will take place August 9-13, 2011 in Providence, RI. Settled in 1636, Providence is one of the oldest cities in the United States. Today it is the capital of Rhode...
Posted on July 2, 2010 | 1 CommentWorkshop on Detector R&D Marcel Demarteau and Chip Brock Last spring we announced a unique workshop, jointly sponsored by the five DOE labs and the DPF focused on detector R&D in the U.S. This reminder is to bring you up to date and to bring...
Posted on January 1, 2010 | No CommentsBy Patricia McBride, Fermilab, DPF Chair-Elect (Originally published in January 2010 DPF newsletter) The 2009 DPF Meeting was held last summer at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan from July 16-31, 2009. The DPF 2009 Meeting (www.dpf2009.wayne.edu/) featured many interesting presentations in the parallel and...